Meet Our Medical Director
Dr. Joel Cohen has been the medical director and owner of DoctorCare since 2005. He trained in Internal Medicine in New York City, where he practiced for the first half of his career. Now, Dr. Cohen has over 25 years of clinical experience practicing emergency medicine, urgent care, and geriatric care.
Dr. Cohen is also the author of two books and a frequent speaker in the Phoenix area on subjects related to care of the elderly. In his free time, he enjoys martial arts training, competitive racquetball, enjoying nature, and writing.
- Board-Certified in Internal Medicine 1992, 2003, 2018
- Medical Staff Privileges: Banner Baywood Hospital
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Grand Canyon University College of Nursing, Phoenix, AZ
- Adjunct Clinical Instructor, Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, Tempe, AZ
- Former Clinical Instructor of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Former Clinical Assistant Professor, New York University School of Nursing, New York, NY